Here you can access a list of AKC Government Relations resources available to help you be effective advocates for responsible dog ownership and breeding! Be sure to check back often, as we are continuously adding new items.
If you have any questions about these materials, or are dealing with a canine legislation issue, please contact AKC Government Relations at (919) 816-3720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AKC Government Relations Resources
Advocacy Assistance/Public Outreach
Articles and Issue Analyses
Key Issues (View AKC Resources on common issues grouped by topic)
Canine Legislation Awareness Flyers
Government Relations Awards
Did you know the AKC has several grant opportunities and awards that are given throughout the year to various AKC clubs, federations, and other exceptional community leaders who work to advance responsible dog ownership? Read more about the award opportunities.
Economic Impact of Dog Shows
Government Relations Brochures/Handouts
Government Relations Issue Briefs
Government Relations Position Statements
Contact the AKC Government Relations Department at (919) 816-3720 or email@example.com to request more information or to order these items:
- Consumer Protection Legislation Packet -- Discussion, position statement and sample laws concerning "puppy lemon laws."
- Dangerous Dog Legislation Packet -- Discussion, position statements and sample laws concerning dangerous dog laws.
- Organizing State Federations Packet -- Discussion of how to organize statewide groups to share information on canine legislation and conserve resources.
- Preventing Breeding Restrictions Packet -- Discussion of legislative proposals that would restrict or regulate dog breeding.
- Click here to view presentations and videos about legislative topics and successful advocacy.
Sample Letters to the Editor
Sample Letters to Lawmakers
- Breed-Specific Legislation -- PDF
- Breeder Regulations -- PDF
- Ear Cropping/Tail Docking -- PDF
- Limit Laws -- PDF
- Mandatory Spay Neuter -- PDF
- Constituent Introduction to Lawmakers -- PDF-- Word
- Club Introduction to Lawmakers -- PDF -- Word
- COVID-19 Liability Protection Legislation Sample Letter for Clubs -- PDF
Social Media Memes
Canine Legislation Candidate Survey